From Melbourne, Australia comes Fractures (Mark Zito) and the track, “Won’t Win” which is off his recently released debut self-titled EP.
The much-delayed release of Fractures EP comes after a serious accident in late 2013, which put a permanent question mark over the future of Zito’s musical career. In possibly the cruellest case of life imitating art, just days before his live debut in Australia, the producer and multi-instrumentalist suffered a near-fatal fall, leaving him with a fractured neck & confined to an orthotic halo for a recovery period of 3 months. The musical hiatus this foisted upon Zito put an indefinite full stop on his new project, just as Fractures was beginning to thrive; ‘It was a hard time for me’ says Zito, ‘everything was starting to click, and I was stuck inside’.
Zito persevered to remain productive & creative whilst essentially immobile, and Fractures bears the fruits of his writing whilst in recovery. The leftfield R&B of new single ‘Won’t Win’ pitches Zito’s plaintive, featherlight vocals atop a tightly wound guitar loop with the slowburn intensity which has fast become Fractures’ calling card.
Fractures Tour Dates:
- Jul 25 – Splendour In The Grass, Byron Bay Nsw, Australia
- Jul 29 – Prince Bandroom w/ Wild Beasts, St Kilda, Australia
- Aug 08 – The Vanguard, Sydney, Australia
- Aug 09 – Northcote Social Club, Melbourne, Australia
- Sep 10 – BIGSOUND, Brisbane Qld, Australia
- Oct 16 – Culture Collide w/ Cloud Nothings, Los Angeles, CA
Like Fractures on Facebook.